One of my absolute favorite places in LA is the Hollywood Bowl. During the summer, the Bowl offers a weekly morning program for kids and families called SummerSounds. I’ve attended in the past with a group of moms and kids from the Beach Cities Parents of Multiples Association. The kids all loved the show and interactive performances. SummerSounds features music and dancers from around the world, along with art workshops guided by real artists.
This year the program will feature a variety of world music – reggae, Latino & Phillipino.
* Reggae with David Kirton
Weeks 1 & 2 (July 9-20)
* Filipino Music with Dulce Capadocia
Weeks 3 & 4 (July 23-August 3)
* Latin Music with Trio Ellas
Weeks 5 & 6 (August 6-17)
Performances and Workshops are presented twice a day – at 10am and 11:15am. Music Performance: $7 per person, regardless of age. Art Workshop: $5 per child. (only children need tickets; must be at least 3 years of age)
Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more for the same performance. Tickets are $5 per person for Music Performances and $3 per child for the Arts Workshop. Please note the groups will not be seated until the entire group has arrived
Location, Parking and More
Activities take place in patio of the Hollywood Bowl Museum. Parking is free and non-stacked. Picnic areas are open.
To purchase tickets for more information visit HollywoodBowl.com/SummerSounds or call 323.850.2000.
Facebook: To connect with the Bowl on Facebook, find them at http://www.facebook.com/HollywoodBowl.
I’m excited to give away four tickets to the Reggae Summer Sounds program on Friday, July 20th. To enter to win, please do the following:
* Leave a comment here about why you want to win. (Easy, right?)
* For one extra entry, Tweet this “I just entered the @MBMomBlogger @HollywoodBowl #SummerSounds ticket giveaway & you can too: http://wp.me/p1rGlf-Lc.
* I am being compensated for this post in the form of tickets for performances. All opinions are my own, and I am sharing this opportunity with you because I truly love the Hollywood Bowl!